Xcentric custom injection molding services include the rapid delivery of prototype and low-volume production components.
Because of our streamlined production processes, we typically deliver first articles in less than 13 business days, and for simple expedited projects in as little as five days.
At the other end of the spectrum, we frequently produce plastic parts for customers needing a few hundred thousand components as a bridge to higher productivity molds.
Over time, we have earned a reputation as a plastic injection molding company able to handle highly complex projects, overmolding, custom insert molding, and other complicated projects much faster than with traditional tooling, often helping our clients get to market weeks, if not months earlier.
At Xcentric, we design and fabricate every mold and run all production in one of our two Michigan-based facilities.
Prototype Injection Molding
- We include 25 sample parts with each new tooling order for customer review
- No Minimum Quantity – Prototype molded parts are our specialty
- Fast and competitively priced Engineering Changes allow us to react very quickly to design updates and to test multiple concepts
- Trials in multiple polymer grades and colors for a nominal charge
- Transitioning from prototype to higher volumes is seamless
- Multi component projects are common
Low/Mid Volume Production Injection Molding Services
Looking for Design Tips?
Then download our Designing for Manufacturability Guide. It’s packed with design tips and best practices to help optimize your part design for the injection molding process.Start Your Quote
Molded Components To Meet Custom Plastic Injection Molding Project Requirements
In-House Mold Design & Production – Injection Molds Built at our Facility
Xcentric’s founders are second generation mold makers, and instilled their passion for mold making in our systems and approach to create one of the most efficient mold production concepts in the industry. To assure maximum productivity and minimum wasted time, we are able to produce molds end to end in house from design, mold fill analysis, CAM, CNC machining, EDM, benching, assembly, through to try out. We call this Engineered Mold Making.
- Our highly accurate mold production equipment runs 24/7 to further shorten delivery times
- Molds cut to the customer’s CAD data and specified material, including the manufacturer’s specified shrink rate. Mold tolerances are typically +/- 0.005”. Should the customer require tighter tolerances or specific tolerances on the molded parts, we will review the requirements on a case by case basis. Tighter tolerances will increase delivery time and production costs.
- Xcentric offers a “Lifetime Injection Mold Guarantee” – This service means we will store our customer’s molds for future production indefinitely if subsequent orders are made or for a nominal storage fee.
Injection Molds – We manufacture from the simple to the very complex
- Simple “open and close” molds can be produced in less than five business days
- Threads (internal and external)
- Undercuts – Essentially any product that can be molded in a production mold, regardless of the number of undercuts, can be produced. Undercuts may add production time and expense.
- Insert molding – Standard and custom threaded inserts
- Overmolding – We have extensive experience in producing overmolded components, i.e. components using two different materials injected sequentially to produce a final component with different colors or material properties. Typically these projects are more expensive and longer lead time to assure the desired quality.
Molded Components To Meet Your Project Requirements
- Stock Materials – We stock a wide range of common resins for fastest possible delivery
- Special Materials – We are able to source any commercially available material per our customers’ requirements in the appropriate volume
- Customer Supplied Materials – Customers with proprietary materials or those who wish to supply the material from their source may arrange for us to produce parts from their materials.
- Custom Colors – We are able to source pre-colored materials or match custom colors per customer requirements. Special colors may add time and cost depending on availability.
- Filled Polymers – We routinely process fiber filled and metal filled polymers.
Tour Our Facilities
Xcentric Mold & Engineering Headquarters
Xcentric Mold & Engineering Shelby Facility
Injection Molded Parts Delivered In Days
Our advanced mold making process is exceptionally efficient due to our proprietary manufacturing concept and team of process experts. Typically we are able to reduce the CAD to Injection Molded Part time by over 75% compared to traditional injection molding approaches. The overwhelming majority of our customers receive their injection molded parts in 15 days or less. To be clear, we produce molded parts using standard injection molding equipment with the resins our customers specify in two state of the art facilities in the United States. There is no trick, we just work extremely efficiently.
Xcentric Injection Molds
Xcentric has developed a proprietary process to produce injection molds extremely quickly using high-quality tool alloys and state of the art CNC equipment.
There are no shortcuts, only extreme focus on efficiency in every step of the process. The resulting injection molds meet the requirements of both prototype and production into the hundreds of thousands of parts.
Looking for Design Tips?
When choosing a fast delivery injection molding partner, we suggest that our clients evaluate the following of their potential suppliers:
- Decades designing and producing fast-delivery injection molds and parts in-house
- Development and implementation of a proprietary integrated CAD/CAM/CNC/Molding process to achieve quality and speed
- Availability of dedicated sales, customer support, design, and project engineering teams available to consult on projects
- Quality focused team and operations with appropriate controls
- Multiple high-quality equipment and facilities dedicated to rapid mold production and injection molding, with sufficient capacity to meet surges in customer demand on short notice
- Integrated quoting and order management systems
Use the icons below to easily navigate to additional resources