A Proven Supplier Of Prototype And Production Injection Molding Services
Plastic injection molding services based in the USA
Xcentric plastic injection molding services focus on rapid delivery of prototype and low volume production components. Our production processes are streamlined such that we typically deliver first articles in less than 15 business days, and for simple expedited projects in as little as five days.
At the other end of the spectrum, we frequently produce components for customers needing a few hundred thousand components as a bridge to higher productivity molds. Over time, we have earned a reputation for being able to handle highly complex projects, overmolding, custom insert molding, and other complicated projects much faster than with traditional tooling, often helping our clients get to market weeks, if not months earlier.
At Xcentric, every mold is designed and fabricated and all production is run in one of our two Michigan-based facilities.
- 25 sample parts are included with each new tooling order for customer review
- No Minimum Quantity – Prototype molded parts are our specialty
- Fast and competitively priced Engineering Changes allow us to react very quickly to design updates and to test multiple concepts
- Trials in multiple polymer grades and colors can be done easily for a nominal charge
- Transitioning from prototype to higher volumes is seamless
- Multi component projects are common
Low/Mid Volume Production Injection Molding Services
- Xcentric is competitively priced for low to mid volume production
- We routinely injection mold production grade components in quantities from 25 to 250,000+ components
- Depending on the application, material, and required production rate we may suggest increasing the number of cavities and adding automation
- Additional quality control services can be purchased as needed
In-House Mold Design & Production – Injection Molds Built at our Facility
Xcentric’s founders are second generation mold makers, and instilled their passion for mold making in our systems and approach to create one of the most efficient mold production concepts in the industry. To assure maximum productivity and minimum wasted time, we are able to produce molds end to end in house from design, mold fill analysis, CAM, CNC machining, EDM, benching, assembly, through to try out. We call this Engineered Mold Making.
- Our highly accurate mold production equipment runs 24/7 to further shorten delivery times
- Our molds are cut to the customer’s CAD data and specified material, including the manufacturer’s specified shrink rate. Mold tolerances are typically +/- 0.005”. Should the customer require tighter tolerances or specific tolerances on the molded parts, we will review the requirements on a case by case basis. Tighter tolerances will increase delivery time and production costs.
- Xcentric offers a “Lifetime Injection Mold Guarantee” – This service means we will store our customer’s molds for future production indefinitely if subsequent orders are made or a nominal storage fee is paid.
Injection Molds – We manufacture from the simple to the very complex
- Simple “open and close” molds can be produced in less than five business days
- Threads (internal and external)
- Undercuts – Essentially any product that can be molded in a production mold, regardless of the number of undercuts, can be produced. Undercuts may add production time and expense.
- Insert molding – Standard threaded inserts as well as custom inserts can be specified
- Overmolding – We have extensive experience in producing overmolded components, i.e. components using two different materials injected sequentially to produce a final component with different colors or material properties. Typically these projects are more expensive and longer lead time to assure the desired quality.
Molded Components To Meet Your Project Requirements
- Stock Materials – We stock a wide range of common resins for fastest possible delivery
- Special Materials – We are able to source any commercially available material per our customers’ requirements in the appropriate volume
- Customer Supplied Materials – Customers with proprietary materials or those who wish to supply the material from their source may arrange for us to produce parts from their materials.
- Custom Colors – We are able to source pre-colored materials or match custom colors per customer requirements. Special colors may add time and cost depending on availability.
- Filled Polymers – We routinely process fiber filled and metal filled polymers.
Tour Our Facilities
Xcentric Mold & Engineering Headquarters
Xcentric Mold & Engineering Shelby Facility
Xcentric has the privilege of serving customers from a broad range of industries including medical devices, consumer products, automotive, aerospace, defense, and industrial to name a few. With more than 20 years’ experience, we have seen a huge variety of projects from each of these industries, giving us a foundation to work from on every new project to quickly arrive at the appropriate mold design and injection processing parameters. More importantly, we understand the context and differences in product development for each of these industries, giving us an advantage in addressing the specific needs of each customer.
Injection Molded Parts Delivered In Days
Our advanced mold making process is exceptionally efficient due to our proprietary manufacturing concept and team of process experts. Typically we are able to reduce the CAD to Injection Molded Part time by over 75% compared to traditional injection molding approaches. The overwhelming majority of our customers receive their injection molded parts in 15 days or less. To be clear, we produce molded parts using standard injection molding equipment with the resins our customers specify in two state of the art facilities in the United States. There is no trick, we just work extremely efficiently.
Xcentric Injection Molds
Xcentric has developed a proprietary process to produce injection molds extremely quickly using high-quality tool alloys and state of the art CNC equipment. There are no shortcuts, only extreme focus on efficiency in every step of the process. The resulting injection molds meet the requirements of both prototype and production into the hundreds of thousands of parts.
As with traditional high-volume injection molding, we produce molds with an appropriate number of cavities and demolding automation to achieve higher throughput and lower piece-part costs. Standard surface finishes, as well as customized textures, are available. Likewise, fine details, molded-in lettering, and other common mold features are available.
Choose The Right Rapid Delivery Injection Molding Partner
When choosing a fast delivery injection molding partner, we suggest that our clients evaluate the following of their potential suppliers:
- Decades designing and producing fast-delivery injection molds and parts in-house
- Development and implementation of a proprietary integrated CAD/CAM/CNC/Molding process to achieve quality and speed
- Availability of dedicated sales, customer support, design, and project engineering teams available to consult on projects
- Quality focused team and operations with appropriate controls
- Multiple high-quality equipment and facilities dedicated to rapid mold production and injection molding, with sufficient capacity to meet surges in customer demand on short notice
- Integrated quoting and order management systems
When measured against each of the above criteria Xcentric is one of the very few rapid injection molding service providers worldwide that meets or exceeds all of them.
Use the icons below to easily navigate to additional Injection Molding resources.