- Maintain a uniform wall thickness throughout your parts design
- Thick wall design is prone to warp or other cosmetic issues
- 10% Increase in wall thickness will provide 33% more stiffness with most materials.
- Thick wall areas can sink, warp or contain voids resulting in undesired defects.
- Using ribs can help to reduce thick wall sections while still giving the part strength.
Check with the material supplier before designing your part.
General Material Wall Thickness
|ABS||0.045 – 0.140|
|Acetal||0.030 – 0.120|
|Acrylic||0.025 – 0.500|
|Liquid crystal polymer||0.030 – 0.120|
|Long-fiber reinforced plastics||0.075 – 1.000|
|Nylon||0.030 – 0.115|
|Polycarbonate||0.040 – 0.150|
|Polyester||0.025 – 0.125|
|Polyethylene||0.030 – 0.200|
|Polyphenylene sulfide||0.020 – 0.180|
|Polypropylene||0.025 – 0.150|
|Polystyrene||0.035 – 0.150|
|Polyurethane||0.080 – 0.750|
Need More Support?
At Xcentric our aim is to give the design engineer all the tools needed to make a fast educated decision. That is why we have assigned a technical team to all of our accounts. Furthermore, we believe that the fastest way to market is by preventing issues early on in the process. Here are some key points that set us apart from other injection molding companies.
- Online quote system – Our Online quote system gives our customers instant access to a technical team. Your team is made up of a tool engineer and a sales rep. Once a quote is submitted online, you will have a response within 24 hours. In addition to that, your quote will be managed through our customer portal.
- Customer Portal – Our online customer portal gives you 24-7 access to Xcentric from anywhere in the world. In the portal you can;
- Submit quotes
- View and interact with a live interactive quote.
- Purchase Tooling and Parts.
- Instantly Re-order parts.
- View history details such as invoices and Purchase Orders
- Initiate Engineer Changes
- Organize Parts by type.
- Update and manage Account Information
- And many more. We are always adding features to support our customers needs
- ISO, ITAR and UL Certified
- Dedicated Support Team
- Custom Material Selection – We run more custom resins than any other injection molding company.
- Free Part Design Analysis – You assigned technical team will review your part and make sure it is ready for the manufacturing process.
- Budget – Let our sales team find the right process for your budget.
Let us come to you and demonstrate to your engineering team how we can help you with your next project.