When designing parts with tight tolerances it is important to consider the tolerance of the plastic being used. This is one mistake many design engineers make when designing a part for the injection molding process. For example, if the shrink tolerance on a materiel is between .004 and .008 per inch. Then it would make no sence to require your injection molder to hold less than .004 as the range is .004. When tighter tolerances or repeatability is required try choosing a material with low stable shrinkage.
If your project has tight tolerances usually less than .004 per inch or .1 mm. It is advised to leave key dimensions stock safe and later groom those dimensions into tolerance. This will save a lot of money in tooling cost as stock safe changes are much cheaper than adding stock.
Need More Support?
At Xcentric our aim is to give the design engineer all the tools needed to make a fast educated decision. That is why we have assigned a technical team to all of our accounts. Furthermore, we believe that the fastest way to market is by preventing issues early on in the process. Here are some key points that set us apart from other injection molding companies.
- Online quote system – Our Online quote system gives our customers instant access to a technical team. Your team is made up of a tool engineer and a sales rep. Once a quote is submitted online, you will have a response within 24 hours. In addition to that, your quote will be managed through our customer portal.
- Customer Portal – Our online customer portal gives you 24-7 access to Xcentric from anywhere in the world. In the portal you can;
- Submit quotes
- View and interact with a live interactive quote.
- Purchase Tooling and Parts.
- Instantly Re-order parts.
- View history details such as invoices and Purchase Orders
- Initiate Engineer Changes
- Organize Parts by type.
- Update and manage Account Information
- And many more. We are always adding features to support our customers needs
- ISO, ITAR and UL Certified
- Dedicated Support Team
- Custom Material Selection – We run more custom resins than any other injection molding company.
- Free Part Design Analysis – You assigned technical team will review your part and make sure it is ready for the manufacturing process.
- Budget – Let our sales team find the right process for your budget.