A U.S. Injection Molding and Rapid Manufacturing Company.
Production & Low-Volume Custom Plastic Injection Molding and CNC Machining in 1-15 days.
Ribs & Bosses
Both ribs and bosses are functional features in many plastic part designs. Ribs offer stability to side walls and standoffs such as bosses.
Bosses are used for screws or locators in assemblies. It is important that when incorporating these into your design to follow one simple guideline. Do not allow the rib or boss exceed 60% of the wall section of the mating surface of the part. Failure to head this design tip will result in sink marks on the adjacent face.
Need More Support?
At Xcentric our aim is to give the design engineer all the tools needed to make a fast educated decision. That is why we have assigned a technical team to all of our accounts. Furthermore, we believe that the fastest way to market is by preventing issues early on in the process. Here are some key points that set us apart from other injection molding companies.
- Online quote system – Our Online quote system gives our customers instant access to a technical team. Your team is made up of a tool engineer and a sales rep. Once a quote is submitted online, you will have a response within 24 hours. In addition to that, your quote will be managed through our customer portal.
- Customer Portal – Our online customer portal gives you 24-7 access to Xcentric from anywhere in the world. In the portal you can;
- Submit quotes
- View and interactive with a live interactive quote. Which allows you to change features and the price is updated instantly.
- Purchase Tooling and Parts.
- Instantly Re-order parts.
- View history details such as invoices and Purchase Orders
- Initiate Engineer Changes
- Organize Parts by type.
- Update and manage Account Information
- And many more. We are always adding features to support our customers needs
- ISO, ITAR and UL Certified
- Dedicated Support Team
- Custom Material Selection – We run more custom resins than any other injection molding company.
- Free Part Design Analysis – You assigned technical team will review your part and make sure it is ready for the manufacturing process.
- Budget – Let our sales team find the right process for your budget.
Let us come to you and demonstrate to your engineering team how we can help you with your next project.
Contact US or